I used to hate cell phones until recently. Had simple prepaid phones for about 5 years and they were just phones. Discovered text messaging and its advantages and that led to mobile web access.
Really got into mobile chat and messaging so I went out and bought a Virgin Mobile Wild Card messaging phone. It's qwerty keyboard made messaging a breeze and it had very basic web access.
Soon I was surfing the web and checking my email on my lunch break but was getting frustrated with no video and limited capabilities of this basic prepaid.
On Black Friday after some online research I decided Sprint's special offer was too good to pass up. A Palm Centro smartphone could be had for FREE! as a Black Friday special deal. Mobile internet access for me will never be the same, I can now watch You Tube videos, listen to internet radio, record videos,do Microsoft Office apps and download 3rd party apps to customize my phone.
I currently have mine pimped out with Touch Launcher (I-Phone look alike icons) Zip file manager, all types of games including Monopoly and Scrabble and Opera Mini web browser. And its all wrapped up in a Tough Skin rubberized case.
I am truly delighted I can take my work with me wherever I go and can access my online classes. I can create Word documents for discussions or for blog postings and Text,Chat and send Instant messages with multiple contacts.
There seems to be an almost endless supply of accessories and 3rd party apps for the Palm OS. My "office" can truly be wherever I want it to be. I am now beginning to see why our new president refused to give up his smartphone.
+of+Photo_122108_001.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment